You can’t spot reduce your stomach fat, but these 3 belly fat-torching exercises can help you sculpt your abs without gym or situps.
Too often, people assume losing belly fat and toning up the abs is all about piling up on ab exercises like situps and planks.
It’s a popular narrow approach that’s unfortunately not grounded in science.
If you are looking to flatten your belly and lose stubborn visceral fat, the right step is to burn fat from all over the body and eat clean.
This is because there is no such thing as spot reduction, and you can’t pick and choose where you want to reduce fat from.
The fastest way to see a flatter stomach is to actually torch fat from all over the body, and that’s what this 3-move flat belly workout is all about.
These 3 exercises activate and fire up multiple large muscles in the body, maximizing your body’s fat burning.
They are also very effective at strengthening those target muscles, which helps you score a faster metabolism.
Want to see definitions in the abs once you get rid of abdominal fat? These power moves also actively engage your abs and core, making sure your abs will look toned and defined to show off your six-packs down the road.
The best part is, these moves are gentler to your back and require no gym. Instead, they need your intensity and energy for the 3 simple, but very intense moves.
Grab a towel, and let’s melt off your stomach fat in 3 moves with no gym.
The 3 Best Exercises to Get a Flat Stomach Faster
Also, check out:
1. Bicycle Crunches
Of the exercises studied, the bicycle crunch exercise was found to be the most effective move for strengthening the rectus abdominis.
This move is also a great choice for active individuals, as it incorporates a rotational movement of the trunk, which is similar to the motion used during many activities.
How to Perform:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Cross your arms over your chest. Alternatively, you can place your fingertips on your temples. Just be sure not to pull on your head during the movement!
- Kick your left leg out straight, in line with your body, and a few inches off of the ground.
- At the same time, bring your right knee up to your chest, twisting your trunk in order to meet your left elbow with your right knee.
- Then, repeat the motion on the other side.
- Continue in this manner throughout the duration of the set.
2. Captain’s Chair Leg Raises
Captain’s chair leg raises can be completed in a variety of ways. However, this exercise is most commonly performed with a dedicated captain’s chair apparatus.
These “benches” typically have a back pad and two arms to cushion the elbows during the exercise.
This movement, in comparison to most of the others, studied, was found to be extremely effective, only beaten out by the bicycle crunch.
How to Perform:
- Place the forearms on the pads so that they are parallel to the floor.
- Lean back against the back pad.
- Allow your legs to hang freely.
- Next, contract your abdominal muscles as you tuck your knees to your chest. Alternatively, you can keep your knees straight as you lift your legs up for a more difficult variation.
- Then, slowly lower your legs back down to the starting position to complete the rep.
3. Swiss Ball Crunch Exercise
The Swiss ball, also known as a physioball or simply an exercise ball, is one of the simplest and most effective tools for strengthening the core.
Performing crunches on a Swiss ball adds an element of instability, vastly increasing the contribution of the abdominal muscles.
How to Perform:
- Safely sit down on the Swiss ball, placing your low back as the main point of contact on the ball.
- Next, place your hands across your chest, keeping your feet flat on the floor.
- Slowly, crunch upward, contracting your abdominals.
- Then, slowly lower yourself back down, reversing the crunch motion to complete the rep.
While you can’t spot reduce your stomach fat, these exercises will help to strengthen your core muscles and shape up your
abdominals. Studies show more muscle mass you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate would be. Achieving higher metabolism will overall help you lose more weight, including stomach fat.