The only three exercises you’ll ever need to lose leg fat and transform your lower body.
Strong legs are imperative to a healthy body. Toning your legs and sculpting your calves will transform your lower body. This will help you lose fat and maintain good bone health.
Depending on your body type, your legs may be very difficult to train. The key, as you’ll see in the 3 exercises below, is to target many large leg muscles at once. This will burn the most calories and fat.
Each leg consists of your inner and outer thighs, hamstrings, glutes, and calves. Add these exercises to your regular workout routines and you’ll see results in no time!
Before you start, choose dumbbells appropriate for your experience. Start with a light load and work your way up.
Let’s hop in!
Here are the 3 best leg exercises to lose thigh fat and completely transform your legs.
The Best 3 Exercises to Lose Leg Fat
You’ll also like:
1. Dumbbell Deadlift
Dumbbell deadlifts target your hamstrings. But don’t be fooled, you’ll also work your back, quads, and calves.
While the goal of this move is your legs, you’ll work your whole body.
If dumbbells are a bit too much, you can also use your body weight or resistance bands.
Use heavy enough weight that you can complete 8 – 10 reps per set.
How to Perform:
- Hold your dumbbells with an overhand grip. Step your feet out to shoulder-width distance apart.
- Have a slight bend in your knees. Your arms will hang in front of your legs with your palms facing your quads.
- Hinge forward at your hips as you slowly lower the dumbbells down to your shins. Notice the stretch in the back of your legs.
- Engage your abs and glutes. Return to the starting position.
- Complete 2 – 3 sets of 8 – 10 reps.
2. Dumbbell Curtsy Squat
The dumbbell curtsy squat is a sneaky exercise. It will build strength and stability in your lower body.
It targets your gluteus medius. This muscle controls your hip stability, mobility, and range of motion. You’ll also work your quads, glutes, and hamstrings.
It’s efficient in also engaging your core and back.
How to Perform:
- Stand with your feet hip-width distance apart and a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing each other.
- Using your core for stability, step your right foot behind your left. Lower your right knee until it is floating above the ground. Your left knee will be at a 90-degree angle. Hold.
- Press through your left heel to return back to the starting position. Repeat on the left side. That is 1 rep.
- Repeat for 2 – 3 sets of 8 – 10 reps.
3. Bulgarian Split Squat
Last up is the kettlebell Bulgarian split squat!
This is a unilateral exercise. This means it can help restore your balance and potentially correct muscle imbalances. It mainly works your hamstrings, quads, and glutes.
In your elevated leg, you’ll use your glutes and hamstrings. In your standing leg, you’ll also work your quad and calf.
How to Perform:
- Stand in front of a bench or chair, facing away. Hold your kettlebell at your shoulder level.
- Place the top of your right foot on top of the bench or chair. Your left foot is forward enough for a lunge.
- Bend your left knee to a 90-degree angle. As you lower, your right knee will also create the same angle, hovering above the floor.
- Press through your front foot to return to the starting position.
- Complete 10 reps on each side for 2 – 3 reps. Finish one side before moving on to the next.
Adding these 3 exercises to your regular workout routine will light your legs on fire. Consistency is key! Keep it up and you’ll have stronger and more toned legs in just a few short weeks.