This delicious low-carb breakfast is quick and easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
It only takes a few minutes to prepare, and you’ll have a quick meal that is easy to make and fits into your low-carb lifestyle.
You’ll love this recipe for a fast breakfast that is not only good tasting, but it’s portable as well.
Grab your breakfast and a napkin and you’re all set.
If you prefer your eggs to be soft-set, you’ll want to remove them from the heat at around the 10-minute mark, so they don’t overcook.
They will continue to cook after being removed from the oven until they cool down. So keep this in mind and watch your timer carefully.
This healthy, low-carb breakfast incorporates the savory flavors of ham, cheese, and farm-fresh eggs.
All ingredients are low on the glycemic index scale and won’t disrupt your weight loss plans.
These egg muffin cups are the perfect size for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
This egg cup recipe yields 12 muffins – 2 per serving and serves 6 people.
The recipe can be doubled and the egg muffins placed in freezer bags and frozen for quick make-ahead meals.
High-protein Breakfast Ham and Egg Cups
Serves 6 people (2 per serving) Yields 12 egg muffins Prep time 5 minutes cook times: 12-15 minutes.
Keto Egg and Ham Muffins Recipe (Egg Muffin Cups)
You’ll love this ham and eggs cup recipe for a fast breakfast that is not only good tasting, but it's portable as well.
- 12 slices ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 12 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Spray cooking spray on a 12-cup muffin tin. This will be your cooking pan.
- Place a piece of ham in each muffin cup and sprinkle it with cheddar cheese.
- Crack a fresh egg on the top and season with salt and pepper. Put the pan in the oven on the center rack and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the eggs are set the way you like them.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool before removing the muffins from the cups. Garnish with parsley and serve with your favorite breakfast sides like toast or bacon.
- To Store in the Refrigerator
- Place egg muffins in a plastic container with a tight lid, or a Ziploc bag and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 807mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g
To Freeze Ham and Egg Muffin Cups
Place cooled muffin cups on a sheet of aluminum foil. Wrap the foil over the muffin cups to seal them up.
Place the bundle of muffins in a quart-size or gallon-size freezer bag, label, and date for storage. Remove as much air as possible from the bag before zipping closed.
These egg muffins will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The yummy flavors of ham and cheddar cheese are delicious in these quick and easy breakfast muffin cups.
They’re perfect for a breakfast on the go, or a quick bite before yoga class. Try these delicious egg muffin cups and let us know what you think!
Like our high-protein breakfast ham and egg cups? Check out these Egg Bites Breakfast Muffins.