Dumbbells are versatile and extremely effective tools in strength training. These accessible chunks of iron give a full-body workout like no other and work all ranges of motion.
This one dumbbell exercise in particular works almost every muscle in the body and helps build strength with just a pair of dumbbells.
The Only One Dumbbell Exercise You’ll Ever Need
In this article, I’ll show you how you can utilize dumbells to maximize the benefits of this full-body move.
Dumbbell Clean and Press
The clean and press are one of the classic Olympic lifts.
This move incorporates total body power and coordination. It can take a long time to fully master the clean and press, so don’t be frustrated if you don’t get it right away!
How to Perform:
- Start standing with your feet about hip-width apart, holding one dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your knees slightly, keeping your back flat.
- Quickly, use your legs and arms to power the weights up to your shoulders.
- Next, press the weights up over your head.
- Then, reverse the motion and return to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-15 repetitions per set, 3 sets per session, and 2 sessions per week.
Leave a Reply