The recipe is low in carbs and is naturally gluten-free with only 7g of net carbs per serving. It is perfect for those following a keto diet. Everyone knows that the combination of chicken, broccoli, and cheese is always delicious.
This Keto Chicken Divan casserole is a fun twist on a much-loved classic but it retains every bit of its flavor, taste, and class.
Chicken Divan is a family-friendly dish that will surely leave you begging for more. So, if you haven’t tried it yet, sit back and get ready to be stunned.
What Is the “Divan” in Chicken Divan?
Chicken Divan is a chicken casserole usually served with broccoli and Mornay sauce.
It was named after the place of its invention, the New York’s Chatham Hotel’s Divan Parisienne Restaurant, where it was served as the signature dish in the early twentieth century.
Although the dish became popular during the 80’s casserole craze, it is not hard to understand why it easily won the hearts of many due to its alluring taste and ease.
What’s In Chicken Divan?
The Low carb Chicken is essentially chicken and broccoli in a Parmesan cheese sauce. Its awesome taste and flavor are unique and comforting. It contains a minimum of just 345 calories per serving hence it is a perfect keto-friendly dish.
How Do You Make Chicken Divan?
Low-carb chicken is surprisingly easy to make and requires less than 45mins of your time. some of the ingredients needed to prepare this dish include:
- 1 lb broccoli florets (roughly 6 cups)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Better than Bouillon or 2 bouillon cubes
- 4 cups of cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, grated
- Cooked rice (or cauliflower rice) for serving, optional
- Place a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Set broccoli aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, microwave the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and heavy cream along with curry powder and bouillon for 1 minute at a time for up to 3 minutes, until the cream cheese is softened. Whisk until smooth.
- In a 9x13 pan or 3-quart ovenproof skillet, mix the cooked chicken with the cream sauce and steamed broccoli until it is well-combined. Top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375°F on the center rack for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm cooked over cauliflower rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 563Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 976mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 33g
This delicious keto recipe for Chicken Divan is sure to sweep you off of your feet. Everybody loves this easy keto recipe, whether at a weeknight dinner or a family gathering.
With next to no carbohydrates and a rich mix of protein and fat this dish is the ideal pick for keto dieting.
Leftovers of this delicious chicken dish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. To maintain low-carb content the dish is best served with cauliflower rice.
You may also like our marry me chicken recipe!