This mushroom asparagus frittata makes the perfect low-carb keto breakfast.
It’s packed with fiber from the veggies and protein from the eggs.
It’s comforting, delicious, and quick to make.
If you need to eat more veggies in your diet, this is the perfect breakfast to tack in plenty of veggies.
This recipe calls for asparagus, but I’d throw any low-carb veggies that go with mushrooms. My personal favorites are spinach and bell peppers.
But you can literally put anything from broccoli to kale.
While veggies are the nutritious part of this egg bake, cheese and cream bring the best part.
Cheese and heavy cream together prevent the frittata from turning dry. Not to mention the savoriness it adds to this otherwise simple dish.
It’s a pretty forgiving recipe you can easily add your own twist to it to make it your own. It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner.
For more low-carb breakfast recipes recipe, check out these.
Mushroom Asparagus Frittata
This mushroom asparagus frittata is the perfect low-carb, protein-packed keto breakfast to kick start your day. The fiber from the veggies and protein from the eggs will keep you feeling full all morning long till lunch.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 whole skinny asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease the cast iron with avocado oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, and cheese. Mix well and season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat the cast-iron skillet over high-medium heat. Add the coconut oil and cook the asparagus, mushrooms, and onion until they are halfway cooked. Remove them from the skillet.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and arrange the cooked asparagus over the eggs.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the eggs are fully set. Remove from the oven and let it stand for a few minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve them with chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 206mgSodium: 247mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g