If you are a meat lover, you’ll love this rib-eye steak dinner recipe with dripping garlic butter.
When not well planned, you can easily overdo the protein with not enough fat with steak dishes.
And if you are aware, this can potentially kick you out of ketosis.
Another drawback is that too much protein on a ketogenic diet can lead to not losing weight.
One way to get enough fat intake when eating steaks is to choose a fatty cut, obviously. Beef cuts like NY strip steak, rib eye, and skirt steak are amongst the top fatty steaks.
Since rib eye is everyone’s favorite and cooks perfectly on a grill or stovetop, it’s perfect for a keto meal plan.
This keto recipe is also very savory and has depth in flavors. Thanks, both to the flavored butter and the juiciness of the steak.
If you are grilling, I also recommend grilling sliced zucchini and eggplants. Simply season it with salt and pepper and marinate it in avocado oil for a keto-friendly side dish.
You may also like:
Ribeye Steak with Garlic Herb Butter
The only ribeye steak recipe with garlic herb butter you'll ever need.
- 4 (6oz) rib eye steaks
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Rub the steaks with avocado oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Set it aside and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue grill to medium-high.
- Grill the steaks for 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Adjust your grilling time to reach the desired doneness.
- Remove the steaks from the grills and set them on a plate. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small skillet over medium-high, melt the butter and saute the garlic and thyme for 1-2 minutes.
- Top the steaks with garlic butter and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 15g