Craving mashed potatoes while following a low-carb ketogenic diet?
Mashed potatoes are too high in carbs to be keto-friendly. Mashed cauliflower is a good keto alternative.
1 cup of mashed potatoes contains 35 grams of total carbs, while 1 cup of cauliflower mashed only has 11 grams of total carbs.
Mashed cauliflower is a low-carb and keto substitute for mashed potatoes.
It’s a velvety cauliflower puree that’s as creamy and rich as its potato counterpart.
All you need is 5 main ingredients:
- Cream cheese
With cream cheese, milk and butter, it’s almost guaranteed to come out creamy and heavenly.
It’s a great sub to mashed potatoes without all the carbs.
Ready to give this mashed cauliflower recipe a try?
You may also like:
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower With Melted Butter
This mashed cauliflower recipe is rich, creamy, gluten-free, low-carb, and delicious. It's a great keto and low-carb substitute for mashed potatoes. Even tastes better than mashed potatoes if you ask me.
- 1 large head cauliflower, florets removed
- 4 oz cream cheese (cut into chunks)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter (cut into chunks)
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 4 gloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- Boil a large pot of water for cauliflower. Once it comes to a boil, add cauliflower florets and add a few pinches of salt. Cook for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain the water and press the florets with paper towels to remove the excess water.
- Return the cauliflower to the pot and mash with a masher or fork until smooth. or until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, and milk and stir. Season with salt. Continue to mash until it's all seasoned and creamy. Add a drop of milk if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Dress it with chives and a slice of butter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 612mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g