Keto sushi rolls with smoked salmon and cream cheese
Sushi is my favorite food to eat by far. But as you know, following a low-carb ketogenic diet requires you to limit carbs.
For many, the daily carb limit is 50 grams, while for others, it is below 20 grams.
Sushi, which primary ingredient is rice is naturally heavy in carbs. So I had to find a way to make sushi rolls without rice.
While I can always use veggies low in net carbs in place of rice, I wanted to make sushi that’s truly keto.
Not to mention, eating raw fish (sashimi) itself can be too heavy in protein for a keto diet.
So what better way to make keto sushi with smoked salmon and cream cheese.
Instead of using a seaweed wrapper, I use smoked salmon in this keto sushi.
Then, you wrap cream cheese and avocado to make this a fat-bomb sushi that’s loaded with fat and protein.
With salty smoked salmon, velvety cream cheese and avocado, and crunchy cucumber, this keto sushi comes together fast and is packed with flavorful.
These salmon sushi rolls are perfect for snacks, appetizers, party food, or light meal!
They are the easy and tasty way to fix that sushi craving on a low-carb diet!
Keto Sushi Rolls
These simple 4-ingredient keto sushi rolls are so easy to make and ideal for snacks, appetizers, party food, or light meal. No rice is needed!
- 3 slices of smoked salmon
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 medium 1/4 cucumber, shredded
- Prepare a large square flat plate. Spread a plastic wrap over the plate. Arrange 3-4 slices of smoked salmon on one side of the wrap – about 10'" long.
- Spread the cream cheese over the salmon, evenly. Layer with cucumber slices and avocado.
- Peel the wrap from the side that's closer to you, and start rolling the sushi. Make sure you roll tightly so they won't fall apart once they are cut.
- Slice them into 6-7 pieces and slowly peel off the wrap.
- Enjoy with a side of coconut aminos or tamari sauce (gluten-free soy sauce).
- Plastic wrap
- Flat Plate
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 5227mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 50g
Also, check out: