Is popcorn keto?
Many people following a ketogenic diet wonder if they can eat popcorn on keto.
While popcorn is a low-calorie snack, its high-carb count makes it non-ketogenic.
There are over 18 grams of carbs in 3 cups of air-popped popcorn.
For a keto diet that limits the carbs to about 50 grams a day, it’s a bit too high to enjoy it guilt-free.
But luckily, we have a tasty, healthy alternative.
It’s cauliflower popcorn.
Believe it or not, it’s more flavorful than regular popcorn and it’s far lower in carbs.
In fact, it’s quite addicting and totally bing-worthy.
While it’s not as quick as 3 minutes in the microwave as the classic popcorn, it’s quite easy and fast to make.
You can also flavor it however you want. Whether you like movie theater butter or cheesy bites, you can make that with cauliflower.
They give you a mouthful of crunchiness with a burst of flavors that make crave more.
It’s definitely one of those keto substitutions you fall in love with.
Once you taste this cauliflower popcorn, I bet you can’t go back!
Ready to taste the best-tasting cauliflower popcorn of your life?
Let’s get started!
- 1 head cauliflower head (yield 7-8 cups small florets, stems trimmed)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 475°.
- Trim the cauliflower stems and core and discard them. Cut the florets into small pieces.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on the sheet. Toss them with oil, onion and garlic powder, and salt. Roast for 20 minutes and turn the florets. Roast for additional 20 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g