Can’t get enough avocados and eggs?
Both eggs and avocados are stapled foods on the Keto diet.
Eggs are highly nutritious. With 77 calories, 6 grams of protein, and 5 grams of healthy fats. They are a superfood in a little shell (1).
Eggs are packed with vitamin D, E, K, B6, calcium, and zinc. Thanks to their high protein content, they are also very satisfying and good for your health.
What’s more, they are accessible and affordable. You can find them at any local grocery store for a reasonable price.
Avocados are another superfood that’s incredibly nutritious and healthy.
With more than 20 different vitamins and minerals, avocados are one of the most prized fruits in recent years.
They provide ample soluble fiber, essential amino acids, vitamin B-complex, and potassium.
They are also rich in monounsaturated fat, a healthy fat source found in olives (2).
In this simple low-carb recipe, you get to combine these two power foods. The softness of the eggs and the creaminess of ripe avocado make this a morning delight.
If desired, you can sprinkle bacon bits, sesame seeds, or drizzle olive oil on top to change things up.
- 2 medium ripped avocados, pitted and halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- tap here
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Optional Ingredients
- 1-2 slices of Smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 slice of Turkey bacon bits
- Cut the avocados in half.
- Take out some avocado with a spoon to make more room.
- Drop an egg into each cup gently.
- Add optional toppings like bacon bits, smoked salmon, and cheese.
- Bake them in the oven at 400F for about 20 minutes until the eggs are cooked. Adjust the baking time to cook your eggs to the desired doneness.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- “Egg, Whole, Cooked, Hard-Boiled Nutrition Facts & Calories.” Nutrition Data Know What You Eat., nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/117/2.
- Bruso, Jessica. “The Type of Fat in an Avocado.” Healthy Eating | SF Gate, 21 Nov. 2018, healthyeating.sfgate.com/type-fat-avocado-5397.html.